Mailing List Archive

Wikimania 2006 - host city contest, latest update
Dear all,

The first deadline for Wikimania city is drawing to a close. As of
today, I count only 3 cities running officially, which will, I must
say, make it easier for the shortlist of 3 ;-), but which is sad
because the "unofficial locations sound pretty good.

See here at the bottom of the page for more info :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Official_requirements_for_potential_host_cities

Well, if we have only three cities entering the contest, we might
decide to shorten the last round to about a week and make a decision
sometime next week.

I am waiting to hear from the "jury" about a possible time on Sunday
2nd October to have a chat/meeting with everyone involved, so please
keep reading this list to know more about what time. It will be on irc
on the #wikimania channel. The idea is to gather to ask questions
about possible missing information, discuss difficulties and
opportunities.

Stay tuned for more wikimania adventures.

Delphine
PS. "Jury" will be composed of the Board of the Foundation, Elian,
Akl, JeLuF, Austin, Sj and myself.

Cheers,

Delphine
--