Mailing List Archive

WikiMania 2006 bidding process?
Greetings,

We have been working up a bids for East London and Reading to bring
WikiMania to UK in 2006, and I see Toronto have also put in a strong
bid.

But I can also see Cleveland on a different page! I have just
discovered their bid today!

Where are

1) the planned bids

2) the official bids

exactly on WikiPedia? Should everything be moved to MetaWiki now??

Also, what are the deadlines for Wikimania 2006? Where are they
stated precisely?

Many thanks!

Gordon Joly, East London

aka

LoopZilla

--
"Think Feynman"/////////
http://pobox.com/~gordo/
WikiMania 2006 bidding process? [ In reply to ]
Hello there,

> We have been working up a bids for East London and Reading to bring
> WikiMania to UK in 2006, and I see Toronto have also put in a strong
> bid.
>
> But I can also see Cleveland on a different page! I have just
> discovered their bid today!
>
> Where are
> 1) the planned bids
> 2) the official bids
>
> exactly on WikiPedia? Should everything be moved to MetaWiki now??
>
> Also, what are the deadlines for Wikimania 2006? Where are they
> stated precisely?
>
> Many thanks!
>
> Gordon Joly, East London
> aka
> LoopZilla

The bidding process has started at the beginning of this month. (see
here: http://mail.wikimedia.org/pipermail/foundation-l/2005-September/004184.html)

All bids should be on meta and follow the rules explained here:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimania_2006/Official_requirements_for_potential_host_cities,
that's also where you will find the official bids, if they are listed,
of course (I just added Cleveland to the list ;-) )

Thank you and hurray for the first European applications!

Best,

Delphine
--
~notafish