Mailing List Archive

New version of Working with MediaWiki out
Hi everyone,

I'm pleased to announce that a new version of my MediaWiki reference book,
"Working with MediaWiki" is now out. This is the fifth version of the book:
it first came out in 2012, and I have tried to update it every two or three
years, because after that point a MediaWiki book starts to show its age.
This latest version is fully updated for 2022 and MediaWiki 1.39, including
lots of new screenshots, new extensions and skins, and updated information
on all sorts of things.

The website for the book is here:

https://workingwithmediawiki.com/

You can also read the book online in its entirety, here:

https://workingwithmediawiki.com/book/

However, if you want to have a physical copy of the book - for you, your
loved ones, or co-workers - you can also order it on Amazon, or a number of
other sites like Barnes & Noble - there are ordering links on the main
site. It's now at the relatively low price of $25, or its equivalent in
other currencies. Perfect for the holidays, I would say!

If you do read it, I hope you enjoy it,
Yaron