If you have experience with this, please let me know.

Thank you
physikerwelt
Re: Large files for testing [ In reply to ]
I don't think we have worked out best practices for this, but in my
opinion including it in the source code repo is the best approach.

While I haven't seen any 50 MB test cases before, I have included
several >1 MB test cases in DiscussionTools, and this works fine for us.

If the file itself was regularly edited, I'd probably recommend
splitting it up to reduce the size of updates you have to pull/push, but
it seems that it has been unchanged since 8 years ago [1], so I wouldn't
worry about that in this case.

However, if you really wanted to put it somewhere else, I would try
creating a separate repository for just the test file (or files), and
adding it as a submodule in the main source code repository. I think
this isn't worth the complexity though until you actually run into
issues with the simple approach.

[1]
https://github.com/wikimedia/mediawiki-services-texvcjs/commits/master/test/en-wiki-formulae.json

On 2022-10-17 07:54, Physikerwelt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently in the process of converting the Math renderer from
> JS to PHP. In this context, we deal with large (50Mb) files for
> testing https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T315223. While the test file
> was part of the JS source code repo, we are unsure if this is also the
> best practice for PHP code, as I don't remember having seen that in
> other repositories such as core.
> If you have experience with this, please let me know.
>
> Thank you
> physikerwelt

Bartosz Dziewo?ski