Heads-up: Release branch cut for REL1_38 in two months
Hello everyone,

This is a reminder that we will be starting the release process for MediaWiki 1.38 in mid-March. By then, in about 8 weeks from now, a new branch REL1_38 will be cut from the development branch.

If you are an extension developer or otherwise dependent on MediaWiki releases with your code, now it is time to check and fix your compatibility with the development branch, so that by the time the branch is cut, we have a working version of your code in its REL1_38 branch. If you hope to land a breaking change into MediaWiki core for this release, please make sure to do so soon so that extension developers have the time to make their adjustments.

Regards,
Markus

User:Mglaser
MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group
Re: Heads-up: Release branch cut for REL1_38 in two months [ In reply to ]
Hi,
The decision for transerfing release of MediaWiki from WMF to MediaWiki
Stakeholders' Group is still pending. From what I'm seeing here:
https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T293323

Is that correct?

--
Amir (he/him)
Re: Heads-up: Release branch cut for REL1_38 in two months [ In reply to ]
Hi Amir,

yes, correct. The role of the MediaWiki Stakeholders' Group is currently some sort of being active observers the process. From time to time, we help out in our capacity as volunteer developers.

Best,
Markus