Mailing List Archive

Minerva Neue skin will be bundled with MediaWiki 1.38
If you are not an extension developer, you can safely ignore this message.

I am excited to announce that the Minerva Neue skin will be bundled with
MediaWiki in 1.38 per https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T191743

The Minerva Neue skin powers the mobile site of Wikimedia projects, so it
makes sense to include this skin for 3rd party MediaWiki instances that
want a responsive but simplified experience.

The implication of this is that extension developers should be making sure
their code compatible with MinervaNeue.

Note, that Minerva Neue operates in two modes (a desktop or mobile mode)
depending on whether MobileFrontend is installed, however, MobileFrontend
is still not part of the MediaWiki bundle so this mode doesn't need to be
tested at this point.

You can tell if you are in Minerva desktop mode by testing in an incognito
window and verifying that you see a more (ellipsis) dropdown in the toolbar.
e.g. Test on https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva?useskin=minerva NOT
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minerva?useskin=minerva

if you have any questions or concerns please feel free to reply to this
e-mail or the Phabricator ticket.

Thanks for reading!
Jon
Re: Minerva Neue skin will be bundled with MediaWiki 1.38 [ In reply to ]
Makes sense congratulations!