Mailing List Archive

Subject: [Cargo] Row in table does not show up on searches or most table views
Hi Folks,

Please ignore if you receive two versions of this email. The list server
told me that " The message's content type was not explicitly allowed" when
I inserted a screenshot. I'm trying to attach a ZIP of an image this time.

What would cause the behavior shown in the attached file? There are two
rows in the table, but the second row does not show up on any searches or
even on the "view table" page. It only shows on the edit table page, but
the count at the bottom says "showing page 1 of 1 entries". I've tried
recreating the table, deleting and recreating the "Taroq 7" page, etc.
Nothing I've tried solves the issue.

Thank you,
david
Re: Subject: [Cargo] Row in table does not show up on searches or most table views [ In reply to ]
Hi David,

Sorry for the long delay. Unfortunately, attached files will get filtered
out, so I can't see the image. I'm guessing, though, that it's a screenshot
of Page Forms' Special:MultiPageEdit page. Is that correct? If so, note
that that page actually edits template calls, not Cargo table rows (at
least, not directly), so there's a chance that there will be a discrepancy
between the two. For example, if there are two template calls that are
identical to one another, Cargo will only store one of those rows, because
it thinks the second is a mistake. (Basically.) Could that be the issue
here?

-Yaron

Re: Subject: [Cargo] Row in table does not show up on searches or most table views [ In reply to ]
Hi Yaron,

Yes, it is the MuliPageEdit Page. I posted the screenshot here
https://pasteboard.co/i6qipp5zwPYQ.png . The template calls must be
different since all the data are different -- right? I mean, all data of a
given schema use the same template but with different details. I'm not sure
how to correct the problem since I just entered the data normally via the
form. What would cause this?

-david

Re: Subject: [Cargo] Row in table does not show up on searches or most table views [ In reply to ]
Oh, never mind, then. What does the #cargo_declare call in the "Device"
template look like? Perhaps there's something there that is preventing the
"Taroq 7" page from getting its data saved.

Re: Subject: [Cargo] Row in table does not show up on searches or most table views [ In reply to ]
Below is Template:Device, did I do something wrong?

<noinclude>
{{#template_params:Technologies (list)|Manufacturer|TechLevel (label=Tech
Level)|StartDate (label=Manufacture Start Date)|StopDate (label=Manufacture
Stop Date)|Place (label=Place of Manufacture)}}
{{#cargo_declare:_table=Device|Technologies=List (,) of
Page|Manufacturer=Page (allowed
values=Manufacturer)|TechLevel=Integer|StartDate=Date|StopDate=Date|Place=Page}}
</noinclude><includeonly>{{#cargo_store:_table=Device}}
{{#template_display:_format=standard}}
[[Category:Device]]
</includeonly>

Re: Subject: [Cargo] Row in table does not show up on searches or most table views [ In reply to ]
Hi,

The fact that you have "Manufacturer" as the only allowed value for the
"Manufacturer" field seems incorrect, although I don't know if that's what
is causing the issue. Beyond that, I would make sure that you're using the
latest version of Cargo (3.0) - there have been various bugs previously
that may possibly be causing this problem; I'm not sure.

-Yaron