updated from mediawiki 1.31.14 to 1.33.4. On new instance vector skin is not
displayed as familiar as in the old instance.

Sidebar which was before on the left hand side is now on the bottom of the
site. All logos are not shown. Font is different.

Can some one give me a hint to fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards

Sancho HGH
Re: Vector skin not working [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Wed, 2021-09-15 at 14:04 +0000, Horter, Hans-Günter wrote:
> some weeks ago I moved our mediawik from one Debian server to another
> and updated from mediawiki 1.31.14 to 1.33.4. On new instance vector
> skin is not displayed as familiar as in the old instance.
> Sidebar which was before on the left hand side is now on the bottom
> of the site. All logos are not shown. Font is different.

How exactly did you "move"/update? Is anything shown in webserver error
logs and/or the web browser's console when loading the site? Also see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Common_errors_and_symptoms#The_wiki_appears_without_styles_applied_and_images_are_missing

Also please note that 1.33.x has been unsupported in upstream for more
than a year and has known security vulnerabilities in upstream.
See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download for supported versions.

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/
Re: Vector skin not working [ In reply to ]
Hi andre,

thanks for reply so quickly.

I created a new Debian with apache2. Then I downloaded core-REL1_33.tar.gz from wikimedia.org and extracted it to /var/www/html/mediawiki . Next I exported the Database from old server to new.
And then I went through the setup wizzard.

I have already found this https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Common_errors_and_symptoms#The_wiki_appears_without_styles_applied_and_images_are_missing and checked all the hints. But I didn't find a glue to fix vector skin.

Ok. This not my first try to update my mediawiki. First try was to go to newest version was also not successful. So I planned to go in smaller steps. The still running version 1.31.14 I installed from Debian repository but this was not updated for a long time. My users are waiting for new features they have read mediawiki.org.

See you,
Hans-G.

Re: Vector skin not working [ In reply to ]
Dear Andre,

is there no new hint to my problem about mediawiki 1.33.4?

Regards,
Hans-G.