Mailing List Archive

Deprecated: Use of SkinTemplateOutputPageBeforeExec hook ... was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.35
Hi Everyone,

We recently updated to Mediawiki 1.36. I'm testing some of our
installed skins under it.

Use of Minerva Neue is causing this warning to be printed on the top
of each page. I can't tell if it is a Minerva Neue issue, HitCounter
issue, or HookContainer issue.

Deprecated: Use of SkinTemplateOutputPageBeforeExec hook (used in
HitCounters\Hooks::onSkinTemplateOutputPageBeforeExec) was deprecated
in MediaWiki 1.35. [Called from
MediaWiki\HookContainer\HookContainer::run in
/var/www/html/w/includes/HookContainer/HookContainer.php at line 137]
in /var/www/html/w/includes/debug/MWDebug.php on line 376

I have no idea why we are running debug code on a production server.
That looks like a separate issue. I'll have to check what I have
mis-configured.

Our mediawiki information can be found at
https://www.cryptopp.com/wiki/Special:Version.
Re: Deprecated: Use of SkinTemplateOutputPageBeforeExec hook ... was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.35 [ In reply to ]
The problem is with the HitCounters extension. There's a bug already:

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T282897

You should be able to set $wgDevelopmentWarnings = false (which is the
default) to disable deprecation warnings in production.

-- Tim Starling

Re: Deprecated: Use of SkinTemplateOutputPageBeforeExec hook ... was deprecated in MediaWiki 1.35 [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 31, 2021 at 8:32 PM Tim Starling <tstarling@wikimedia.org> wrote:

> The problem is with the HitCounters extension. There's a bug already:
>
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T282897
>
> You should be able to set $wgDevelopmentWarnings = false (which is the
> default) to disable deprecation warnings in production.

Ack, thanks Tim.

Jeff