we need one of those options
1-create a new username/password to enable him edit those page content and
save them
2-restore old username password in order to change pages content
also please guide us how to change this page content for publish?
http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2
thanks
eyal
Re: How to reset password on our servers --servision company [ In reply to ]
On Sun, May 2, 2021 at 7:31 AM Eyal Berda via MediaWiki-l
<mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org> wrote:

> Hello my name is eyal
> we have this site in our company http://wiki.servision.net/ it was built years ago under your framework platform
> we need to change this page content ASAP
> http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2
>
> we need one of those options
> 1-create a new username/password to enable him edit those page content and save them
> 2-restore old username password in order to change pages content
> also please guide us how to change this page content for publish?
> http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2

The information at
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:Resetting_passwords should help
you with the account recovery question. Or see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:CreateAndPromote.php for help on
using a maintenance script to create a new privileged user.

Bryan
--
Bryan Davis Technical Engagement Wikimedia Foundation
Principal Software Engineer Boise, ID USA

Re: How to reset password on our servers --servision company [ In reply to ]
On Mon, May 3, 2021 at 5:11 AM Eyal Berda <eberda@servision.net> wrote:

> Hi bryan thanks for your reply
> if you can help me on this issue
> i would like to create new account or edit an existing account in order to be able to edit this page content http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2
> so i run this command "php createAndPromote.php --bureaucrat --sysop --custom-groups=developer wikieyalb mypassword"
> and when login with this user i didnt see the edit tab (here is the print screen )
>
> 1-what group should i add this user in order to see the edit mode?
> 2-how can i edit this user ( wikieyalb ) authorization to be able to edit this page ?(http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2)
> thnks

Adding `?action=info` to the URL for any page on your wiki (or any
MediaWiki wiki) will show you information about the page including
it's editing protection rights.

Looking at <http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2?action=info>
it appears that the page is not protected at all, so the lack of an
edit button points to some other configuration for the wiki or problem
with its setup.

It is difficult to troubleshoot this remotely as this wiki seems to
have been configured with attempts to hide pages like
<http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/Special:Version> and
<http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/Special:SpecialPages> from
anonymous users.

The next thing I would recommend looking at with your authenticated
user account is
<http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/Special:ListGroupRights> and
specifically looking to see which groups have the `Edit pages (edit)`
right. This right is the base permission that is need to edit any page
in the wiki. See <https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:User_rights>
for information on how you might change the granted user rights if
desired.

Bryan

Re: How to reset password on our servers --servision company [ In reply to ]
Hey Bryan thanks for replying
i have tried to add some script to our LocalSettings.php
i have added those two line to try to give edit access to this page
http://wiki.servision.net/index.php/SVClientSDK2
but with no success:(
i have tried to login with this user "IgorRubinov
<http://wiki.servision.net/index.php?title=User:IgorRubinov&action=edit&redlink=1>"
which i can see in the history was editing pages and still i see no edit
mode
any idea what more can i try ?