Mailing List Archive

Javascript Issues in MW 1.31.1
Dear Wiki Colleagues,

We recently converted from MediaWiki 1.26.2 to MediaWiki 1.31.1, and we are having troubles with our javascript no longer working.
Our javascript is located in MediaWiki:Common.js.

Do you know of any technical reasons that this could occur between the 2 versions ?
Thank you so much,
Lori
Re: Javascript Issues in MW 1.31.1 [ In reply to ]
Hi Lori, is this wiki accessible to the public? Can we see the said
Common.js page?

Re: Javascript Issues in MW 1.31.1 [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Thu, 2020-03-12 at 13:42 +0000, Rowe (US), Dolores A wrote:
> We recently converted from MediaWiki 1.26.2 to MediaWiki 1.31.1, and
> we are having troubles with our javascript no longer working.
> Our javascript is located in MediaWiki:Common.js.

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Help:Locating_broken_scripts how you
can debug broken custom JavaScript in your web browser.

Also note that 1.31.1 is outdated and has several security issues:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Release_notes/1.31#MediaWiki_1.31.6

1.31.6 is the latest release in the 1.31.x series:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Download

Cheers,
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/