thrown:

error: Pulling is not possible because you have unmerged files.

hint: Fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm <file>'

hint: as appropriate to mark resolution and make a commit.

fatal: Exiting because of an unresolved conflict.

I would be glad if someone could help me with this issue

Thanks in advance

Sahaj Khandelwal
Re: Issue in Gerrit setup [ In reply to ]
Hi and welcome Sahaj!

This does not sound like a question about MediaWiki (the topic of this
mailing list), but about using Git in general. :) Also see
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_become_a_MediaWiki_hacker#Feedback,_questions_and_support

On Tue, 2020-02-11 at 20:43 +0530, sahaj khandelwal wrote:
> to push the changes, I followed the steps given in the Gerrit
> tutorial. But
> when I run the command *git pull origin master,* the following error is
> thrown:
>
> error: Pulling is not possible because you have unmerged files.
>
> hint: Fix them up in the work tree, and then use 'git add/rm <file>'
>
> hint: as appropriate to mark resolution and make a commit.
>
> fatal: Exiting because of an unresolved conflict.

See for example
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/48602132/unable-to-merge-master-changes-to-my-feature-branch-due-to-conflict
https://medium.com/@chongfai13/git-error-fatal-exiting-because-of-an-enresolved-conflict-fixed-35f886ba31
which are the first results I get in an internet search engine.

> I would be glad if someone could help me with this issue

Please explain at which specific step in which tutorial (link) you are,
and what exactly is unclear with the instructions in the error message.

Thanks a lot!
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Issue in Gerrit setup [ In reply to ]
The command you are probably looking for is:
git commit -a
Which will locally mark all your changes as being ready.

Then do
git show
To see if your changes are what you expect them to be. If they are run the
command:
git push origin HEAD:refs/for/master

to upload your patch. (alternatively, use the command git review if you
have it installed).

Hope that helps, and remember, if you mess anything up, everything is easy
to undo.
--
bawolff