Mailing List Archive

Anonymous user (user_id =0)
Hi, everybody,

I seem to have lost the user "Anonymous" which is the one with the user_id = 0.

I say this because trying to delete a user with the extension "UserMerge" I got this error:

"Cannot create an actor for a usable name that is not an existing user".

To be clear, the UserMerge Extension instructs to
merge (refer contributions, texts, watchlists, edit count of) a first account A to a second account B
delete the first account A after the merge
….
if you omit the "New User" field (account B) then the extension auto-populates the New User as "Anonymous", and ask you to confirm a merge to Anonymous

So I went to check the "user" and "actor" tables where, actually, the Anonymous user doesn't exist.

Is it serious?

Everything else seems to be working fine to me...

Valerio Pelliccioni

W: https://tunearch.org/wiki/User:Valerio_Pelliccioni

Re: Anonymous user (user_id =0) [ In reply to ]
Run cleanupUsersWithNoId.php followed by migrateActors.php --force

Usernames that are valid usernames are no longer allowed to have id 0.

--
Brian

Re: Anonymous user (user_id =0) [ In reply to ]
Thanks Brian.
I run the suggested scripts but didn't solve the problem.
I need a user "Anonymous".

>> Usernames that are valid usernames are no longer allowed to have id 0
...this means that UserMerge Extension is no longer available for user deletion; isn't it?

Re: Anonymous user (user_id =0) [ In reply to ]
Such users can still exist, they can't just be a valid name. Adding it to
$wgReservedUsernames might be enough to allow it as an anon (not sure). At
the very least, having something like '<Anonymous>' would be fine, since <
isn't allowed in real usernames.

--
Brian

Re: Anonymous user (user_id =0) [ In reply to ]
Thank you so much Brian.
Your first suggestion solved the problem.
It was enough to add the following line in LocalSettings.php

// Add just one user name to the default array
$wgReservedUsernames[] = 'Anonymous';

to get this:

Merge from Giada (691) to Anonymous (0) is complete.
Giada (691) has been deleted.

---------

Re: Anonymous user (user_id =0) [ In reply to ]
You might still have to rerun migrateActors.php after making that change,
as otherwise some of the older edits attributed to Anonymous may have
disappeared.

--
Brian

Re: Anonymous user (user_id =0) [ In reply to ]
Ok,
thanks.