Mailing List Archive

How do you get unblocked?
I registered an account on mediawiki tried to post to the VisualEditor talk page. I immediate received this message:

This action has been automatically identified as harmful, and you have been prevented from executing it. In addition, to protect MediaWiki, your user account and all associated IP addresses have been blocked from editing. If this has occurred in error, please contact an administrator. A brief description of the abuse rule which your action matched is: Specific spam

I certainly didn't try and post any spam. There's no clear guide on how to get unblocked anywhere. I can't post anywhere to ask because the site blocks me. I found this mailing list, so maybe someone on the list can tell me?

Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
What is your user name you registered with?

Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
My username is: Shtzdba

Thanks for looking.

Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
Looks like you hit the abuse filter, an automated anti-abuse system. In
your case it thought your action matched that of a spammer (abuse filter
47) however it looks like an admin already reviewed this and unblocked you

Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
Yes it's unblocked. Thank you so much!

Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
John u there
Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
I get a mail of the requests and awnsers
Any rewards for reporting Safety issue?
Re: How do you get unblocked? [ In reply to ]
Safety, or security? Security issues are to be reported at
security@wikimedia.org. I'm not aware of any bounty program, but you can
ask there, too.

Martin Urbanec