Mailing List Archive

Semantic MediaWiki 3.1.0 released
Hello everyone,

we are happy to announce the immediate availability of the Semantic
MediaWiki 3.1.0 release: [0]. It is a major release bringing a lot of
new features and improvements as well as bug fixes.

## Version highlights

* Support for annotation constraint schemas
* Support for annotation sequence maps
* Support for tracking attachment links
* Improved embedded query updates
* ElasticStore replication monitoring
* General performance improvements

See the release notes [1] for these changes and for much more
information on the many features, enhancements, changes and fixes this
release brings to you.

## Compatibility changes

Semantic MediaWiki 3.1.0 dropped support for PHP 5.6 and lower as well
as MediaWiki 1.30 and lower. See also the compatibility notes [2] for
detailed information.

## Installing and upgrading

After backing up your database just update the version in your
"composer.local.json" file to "~3.1" and run "composer update --no-dev".
Remember to also update your database afterwards by running "update.php"
due to schema changes and new database tables. This is followed by
rebuilding the stored data by running "rebuildData.php". Note that
running the schema update may take quite some time as well as rebuilding
the stored data. If you would like to install Semantic MediaWiki you can
follow the installation instructions: [3].

## Contributors

At this point we would like to thank all people involved for their
incredible work making this release possible:

James Hong Kong, translatewiki.net for the translator community, Jeroen
De Dauw, Karsten Hoffmeyer, DannyS712, Bernhard Krabina, Mark A.
Hershberger, Máté Szabó, Zoran Dori, Alexander Gesinn, Alex Winkler,
Brett Zamir, Clara, Jaider Andrade Ferreira, Morgon Kanter, NIKITA,
Peter Grassberger, Sébastien Beyou, Timo Tijhof, Tisza Gerg?

We also encourage your continued participation: [4].

Thank you for using Semantic MediaWiki.

- The SMW development team

[0] https://bit.ly/smw-310tag
[1] https://bit.ly/smw-310