the option via addOption() by setting the 4th argument to true (takes an
argument). This should be false. At least, the rest of the code is clear,
and so is the intent: there is no option to be taken.

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/mediawiki/browse/REL1_31/maintenance/Maintenance.php$525

--
Otheus
otheus@gmail.com
+43.699.1049.7813
Re: Obvious bug in maintenance/Maintenance.php since 1.31 [ In reply to ]
Hi Otheus,

On Mon, 2019-09-16 at 21:58 +0200, Otheus wrote:
> REL 1_31 introduced 'mwdebug' option in Maintenance.php (in the code it
> mentions that --debug was taken by some script). The code incorrectly adds
> the option via addOption() by setting the 4th argument to true (takes an
> argument). This should be false. At least, the rest of the code is clear,
> and so is the intent: there is no option to be taken.
>
> https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/source/mediawiki/browse/REL1_31/maintenance/Maintenance.php$525

Thanks for finding this. Can you please create a bug report?
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/How_to_report_a_bug

Thanks!
andre
--
Andre Klapper (he/him) | Bugwrangler / Developer Advocate
https://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/

Re: Obvious bug in maintenance/Maintenance.php since 1.31 [ In reply to ]
Too much trouble. How do I submit a patch or diff or whatever? Is
phabircator the primary git repo these days? If so, how do i male a pull
request?

Re: Obvious bug in maintenance/Maintenance.php since 1.31 [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 2019-09-17 at 13:15 +0200, Otheus wrote:
> Too much trouble.

Not really.

> How do I submit a patch or diff or whatever? Is phabircator the
> primary git repo these days?

It is not. Gerrit is used for code review.

> If so, how do i male a pull request?

See https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Tutorial and
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Gerrit/Commit_message_guidelines

Thanks,
andre

Re: Obvious bug in maintenance/Maintenance.php since 1.31 [ In reply to ]
I filed a bug, since no one else did :)

https://phabricator.wikimedia.org/T233257

--
Bartosz Dziewo?ski

Re: Obvious bug in maintenance/Maintenance.php since 1.31 [ In reply to ]
Thanks, Bartosz.

On Wed, Sep 18, 2019 at 9:57 PM Bartosz Dziewo?ski <matma.rex@gmail.com>
wrote:

> I filed a bug, since no one else did :)