Mailing List Archive

Statistics for CoC Cases Term May 2018 to May 2019
Hello,
The committee received several reports for cases that were out of our
jurisdiction (usually due to mediawiki.org links followed from wikis that
are not part of Wikimedia). Those are not included in the following numbers:

In total, the committee dealt with and decided on 17 cases. Nine of the
cases had originated or had links to comments on Wikimedia Phabricator. The
most frequent action taken there by the committee for these was to delete
comments that violate the CoC. An email was also sent in all cases to the
person engaging in those rhetorics.

Among the rest, two of the cases had events happening on Wikimedia Gerrit,
four on the wikitech-l mailing list, and two had links to the userspace and
talk pages on mediawiki.org.

Given the low number of offline cases, we won't disclose any details about
those in order to protect confidentiality of those.

We saw at least 3 occasions of repeat violations from offenders. A harsher
decision was taken in at least one case among these.

The committee came to a conclusion of no-further action at least 5 times
while processing the aforementioned cases. However, we ended up at least
sending an email to notify both parties involved in the report in all cases.

Actions taken varied from deleting comments, asking for apologies, and user
bans. The committee also made sure to redirect reporters with genuine cases
of harassment to law enforcement.

Due to the limited number of cases, we decided to not go into more detail
where the cases were reported and what actions were taken and how often.

The current committee wishes the next committee a successful term!

On behalf of the CoC Committee,
Amir