Mailing List Archive

Code of Conduct committee meeting at Wikimania
Hello,
The CoC committee had a meeting with four members out of five (Lucie, Tony,
Tonina, and Amir were at Wikimania and MusikAnimal wasn't present). These
notes are the public outcomes of the meeting.

* The committee chose Amir as the chair (Amir requested to be the table but
it got rejected)
* The committee is currently composing the anonymized report of its cases
and will be published soon.
* The committee soon will decide on the two amendments currently under
discussion. Feel free to comment on these two:
** Public logging of bans:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Uikcu1emvmw6e4z8
** Modifications on the appeal process:
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Topic:Uay0vz6no8ayac3m
* The committee is willing to introduce a new internal role which for lack
of better term, we call it secretary for now. The role's main
responsibility is to help the committee on organizational bookkeeping. Like
reports, documentation of cases, etc.
* At the end, the committee wants to remind people that its role is
reactionary and we won't interfere when there's no report. If you see a
behaviour you find unacceptable, stand up and send us a report and don't
wait for the committee to jump in.

Regards,
Amir on behalf of the committee