Mailing List Archive

Question about deleteOldRevisions.php
I'm trying to reduce the size of a large text table in one of our mediawikis.
I ran the maintenance script deleteOldRevisions.php, but after I was done the text table was still
the same size.

What am I misunderstanding regarding the procedure ? What does this indicate ?
thanks,
Lori

Re: Question about deleteOldRevisions.php [ In reply to ]
IIRC deleted article revisions go into the archive table, so it's this
table that will have entries removed by the script. deleteOldRevisions
*will* reduce the size of your database (assuming there were any deleted
revisions to delete).

eQuality Technology

*Let's work together*

https://equality-tech.com
follow us: https://twitter.com/eQualityTech
*creators of https://QualityBox.us <https://QualityBox.us> *

Re: Question about deleteOldRevisions.php [ In reply to ]
That script doesn’t delete deleted revisions. It deletes revision history.
I would look at your database to compact/release space that has been freed