I am using redis for caching. My theory is that you need memcached for
this to work and if memcached is not present MediaWiki enforces a day,
no matter what. Is this about right or is there something else at play?

Bonus question: Is there a another way to change this 24 hours period?
Probably not but hope dies last. :)

Thanks for your time.

Cheers, Karsten

[0] https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgPasswordAttemptThrottle

Re: About $wgPasswordAttemptThrottle [ In reply to ]
The variable says it controls "password attempts", which i understand as
"login attempts". Try $wgPasswordReminderResendTime instead,
https://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Manual:$wgPasswordReminderResendTime.

Martin Urbanec

Re: About $wgPasswordAttemptThrottle [ In reply to ]
Hi Martin,

you are correct. This is the one. I was so focused on throtteling that I
did not see the obvious.

Thanks a ton!

Cheers, Karsten

Karsten / MediaWiki and Semantic MediaWiki enthusiast / ? https://professional.wiki/