=====================================
Jim Hu
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
2128 TAMU
Texas A&M Univ.
College Station, TX 77843-2128
979-862-4054

Re: Section auto-numbering in TOC [ In reply to ]
Unfortunately there isn't.
I have modified my own 1.6.x installation's code to include a tag to
autonumber the actual headings as well (so they are also automatic and
match those of the contents).

But I have to recode this for every release of MW (it's an actual
change in the code)

On 4/15/07, Jim Hu <jimhu@tamu.edu> wrote:
> Is there markup that will suppress autonumbering in the TOC on a
> specific page? In general I like the auto-numbering, but I have some
> pages where the headings are already numbered and they don't match.
>
> This is on 1.67 (it's one I'm not sysadmin for).
>
> Thanks!
>
> =====================================
> Jim Hu
> Associate Professor
> Dept. of Biochemistry and Biophysics
> 2128 TAMU
> Texas A&M Univ.
> College Station, TX 77843-2128
> 979-862-4054

----
Met vriendelijke groeten / With kind regards
Hans Voss
Re: Section auto-numbering in TOC [ In reply to ]

Hi,

perhaps you wanna try this
http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PSINoTocNum - just published this
second ;-)

Regards,
Bene

Re: Section auto-numbering in TOC [ In reply to ]
DaBuum wrote:

> perhaps you wanna try this
> http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/Extension:PSINoTocNum - just published this
> second ;-)

Looks like fun. Now you have to add the __TOCNUM__ counterpart for those
pages where you want to force numbering even if the user has it disabled,
which is very occasionally desirable.

HTH HAND
--
Phil