Mailing List Archive

Legacy issue from MW upgrade
I have recently completed an upgrade from MW29 to the latest MW32
release. During the course of the upgrade 3 pages were created/edited
after the database schema but before the rest of the installation had
been upgraded to MW32.  These 3 pages now return the following error:

MediaWiki internal error.

Original exception: [XR38GZC0pLP1U7uAGwvs1wAAAAA] 2019-07-04 13:16:09:
Fatal exception of type "MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException"
Exception caught inside exception handler.

Setting $wgShowExceptionDetails=true produces a lot more info which I
can post if necessary but the above message makes me suspect that there
is an access key involved. I'm thinking this could be because the
upgraded installation was transferred as a tarball from a different
server so that just the server details in LocalSettings.php then needed
to be changed.

Can anyone offer any pointers or advice on how I might best resolve this
please?

Site: https://wikispooks.com
Example page:
https://wikispooks.com/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice

Re: Legacy issue from MW upgrade [ In reply to ]
Have you tried re-running the upgrade script yet?

Re: Legacy issue from MW upgrade [ In reply to ]
Yes I have re-run it  on the production server and it completes without
errors. However, those 3 pages ID's crash the SMW RebuildData.php script.

I think I am out of maintenance script options unless there is one that
which might fix this without risking other damage.

Peter Presland

Re: Legacy issue from MW upgrade [ In reply to ]
Yes you should probably post the full error.

Probably there are some referential integrity issues that need manual
fixing in the db. If you dont care about these pages, deleting and
recreating would probably be easiest.

Re: Legacy issue from MW upgrade [ In reply to ]
I cannot delete the pages through the normal interface because they will
not load. Also, one of them (Mediawiki:Site notice) is a system page and
could not be recreated through the normal inteface either. I can manage
without any of them but would prefer to clean things up properly. That
said, I am very reluctant to start editing the database manually.

Full error message follows:

Original exception: [XSEIUyf@THwzMWz50ldP5gAAAA0]
/wiki/MediaWiki:Sitenotice MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException
from line 1635 of /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionStore.php:
Main slot of revision 163209 not found in database!
Backtrace:
#0 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionStore.php(1671):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionStore->loadSlotRecords(string, integer)
#1 [internal function]:
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionStore->MediaWiki\Revision\{closure}()
#2 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionSlots.php(165):
call_user_func(Closure)
#3 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionSlots.php(107):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionSlots->getSlots()
#4 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionRecord.php(192):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionSlots->getSlot(string)
#5 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision.php(697):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionRecord->getSlot(string, integer)
#6 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision.php(965): Revision->getMainSlotRaw()
#7 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(641):
Revision->getContentModel()
#8 /var/www/html/w/includes/libs/objectcache/WANObjectCache.php(1277):
WikiPage->{closure}(boolean, integer, array, NULL)
#9 /var/www/html/w/includes/libs/objectcache/WANObjectCache.php(1150):
WANObjectCache->doGetWithSetCallback(string, integer, Closure, array)
#10 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(647):
WANObjectCache->getWithSetCallback(string, integer, Closure)
#11 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(269):
WikiPage->getContentModel()
#12 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(256):
WikiPage->getContentHandler()
#13 /var/www/html/w/includes/actions/Action.php(98):
WikiPage->getActionOverrides()
#14 /var/www/html/w/includes/actions/Action.php(156):
Action::factory(string, WikiPage, RequestContext)
#15 /var/www/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(155):
Action::getActionName(RequestContext)
#16 /var/www/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(777): MediaWiki->getAction()
#17 /var/www/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(517): MediaWiki->main()
#18 /var/www/html/w/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
#19 {main}

Exception caught inside exception handler: [XSEIUyf@THwzMWz50ldP5gAAAA0]
#0 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionStore.php(1671):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionStore->loadSlotRecords(string, integer)
#1 [internal function]:
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionStore->MediaWiki\Revision\{closure}()
#2 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionSlots.php(165):
call_user_func(Closure)
#3 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionSlots.php(107):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionSlots->getSlots()
#4 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision/RevisionRecord.php(192):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionSlots->getSlot(string)
#5 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision.php(697):
MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionRecord->getSlot(string, integer)
#6 /var/www/html/w/includes/Revision.php(965): Revision->getMainSlotRaw()
#7 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(641):
Revision->getContentModel()
#8 /var/www/html/w/includes/libs/objectcache/WANObjectCache.php(1277):
WikiPage->{closure}(boolean, integer, array, NULL)
#9 /var/www/html/w/includes/libs/objectcache/WANObjectCache.php(1150):
WANObjectCache->doGetWithSetCallback(string, integer, Closure, array)
#10 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(647):
WANObjectCache->getWithSetCallback(string, integer, Closure)
#11 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(269):
WikiPage->getContentModel()
#12 /var/www/html/w/includes/page/WikiPage.php(256):
WikiPage->getContentHandler()
#13 /var/www/html/w/includes/actions/Action.php(98):
WikiPage->getActionOverrides()
#14 /var/www/html/w/includes/actions/Action.php(156):
Action::factory(string, WikiPage, OutputPage)
#15 /var/www/html/w/extensions/CharInsert/includes/CharInsert.php(21):
Action::getActionName(OutputPage)
#16 /var/www/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(174):
CharInsert::onBeforePageDisplay(OutputPage, SkinVector)
#17 /var/www/html/w/includes/Hooks.php(234): Hooks::callHook(string,
array, array, NULL, string)
#18 /var/www/html/w/includes/OutputPage.php(2703):
Hooks::runWithoutAbort(string, array)
#19 /var/www/html/w/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(136):
OutputPage->output()
#20 /var/www/html/w/includes/exception/MWExceptionRenderer.php(53):
MWExceptionRenderer::reportHTML(MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException)
#21 /var/www/html/w/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(98):
MWExceptionRenderer::output(MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException,
integer)
#22 /var/www/html/w/includes/exception/MWExceptionHandler.php(172):
MWExceptionHandler::report(MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException)
#23 /var/www/html/w/includes/MediaWiki.php(544):
MWExceptionHandler::handleException(MediaWiki\Revision\RevisionAccessException)
#24 /var/www/html/w/index.php(42): MediaWiki->run()
#25 {main}

Peter Presland