From: John [mailto:phoenixoverride@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 19, 2019 5:05 PM
To: Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) <richard.k.evans@nasa.gov>; MediaWiki announcements and site admin list <mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [MediaWiki-l] using the "PageUpdater::saveRevision" method

What are you trying to achieve with your null edit?

On Wed, Jun 19, 2019 at 5:02 PM Evans, Richard K. (GRC-H000) via MediaWiki-l <mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org<mailto:mediawiki-l@lists.wikimedia.org>> wrote:
I'm trying to update an extension so that it performs a "null-edit" on the page it is already operating on.

I've discovered the "PageUpdater::saveRevision" documentation and am hoping someone can help me with an example of how this method could be called within the typical framework of an extension? .. assuming the extension has a specific page defined as "$article" how would I write a line of code in the extension that performs a "null-edit" of "$article" using the "PageUpdater::saveRevision" method?

- Rich

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: using the "PageUpdater::saveRevision" method [ In reply to ]
Two suggestions, 1) check your job queue 2) look at the API’s purge module,
it has a method to force link updates too.

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: using the "PageUpdater::saveRevision" method [ In reply to ]
Job queue is always clear. Semantic Properties for AR via SESP only update *after* an edit. Simply approving a revision does not update the SESP AR properties in SMW.

I’m actually looking to copy what has been done in “SemanticDependencyUpdater” at: https://github.com/gesinn-it/SemanticDependencyUpdater/blob/master/includes/DummyEditJob.php

The necessary code seems to be:
$page = WikiPage::newFromID( $this->title->getArticleId() );
if ( $page ) {
$content = $page->getContent( Revision::RAW );
$text = ContentHandler::getContentText( $content );
$page->doEditContent( ContentHandler::makeContent( $text, $page->getTitle() ), "[SemanticDependencyUpdater] Null edit." );
$page->doPurge(); // required since SMW 2.5.1
}