Mailing List Archive

Referata MediaWiki hosting service dead?
Hey everyone,
Does anyone know what happened to the Referata MediaWiki hosting service (http://referata.com) - it seems to have died or something, as no site hosted under Referata's domain name, nor the main "meta" website itself is accessible. CC'ing Yaron Koren who I believe is the lead sysadmin of the service. If we have indeed lost another free MediaWiki host, I will definitely say that it is a major setback and has the potential to impact many poeple. Too many free MediaWiki hosts have either died, had a change of management and are now ad-spammed, and/or have become pay-only services.
-- Amanda
Re: Referata MediaWiki hosting service dead? [ In reply to ]
For some reason, the Wikimedia mailing lists have a notorious reputation of not liking Yahoo email addresses. *shrugs*
Anyway, the provider is still down/appears dead. It is seriously looking like we may have lost another free MediaWiki host, since usually when Referata goes down its only for an hour or two, usually even less.
-- Amanda