Am I misunderstanding the usage of this page? This is the first time I'm
really using this feature.

Bruce
Re: Upgrade from 1.2.x -> 1.3 = Special:Allpages broken? [ In reply to ]
Bruce Bertrand wrote:
> Recently upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3 and Spacial:Allpages is not showing all
> pages.
>
> Am I misunderstanding the usage of this page? This is the first time I'm
> really using this feature.

When you first go to Special:Allpages it should show a list of
alphabetical subsets of your wiki, like this:

Acrostic poem to Adachi clan
Adad to Addenbrooke's Hospital
Addenbrookes Hospital to Admiral Byrd

Click on one to see that set of up to 480 titles individually linked.

This is designed for wikis with many thousands of pages and so won't
look quite ideal for the wiki with a few tens of pages by default.

Only pages in the main (article) namespace are included in the list.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Upgrade from 1.2.x -> 1.3 = Special:Allpages broken? [ In reply to ]
On Saturday 14 August 2004 02:59 am, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Bruce Bertrand wrote:
> > Recently upgraded from 1.2 to 1.3 and Spacial:Allpages is not showing all
> > pages.
> >
> > Am I misunderstanding the usage of this page? This is the first time I'm
> > really using this feature.
>
> When you first go to Special:Allpages it should show a list of
> alphabetical subsets of your wiki, like this:

> Acrostic poem to Adachi clan
> Adad to Addenbrooke's Hospital
> Addenbrookes Hospital to Admiral Byrd
>
> Click on one to see that set of up to 480 titles individually linked.
>
> This is designed for wikis with many thousands of pages and so won't
> look quite ideal for the wiki with a few tens of pages by default.
>
> Only pages in the main (article) namespace are included in the list.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Gotcha... I was trying to use it to find pages in other namespaces.
Re: Upgrade from 1.2.x -> 1.3 = Special:Allpages broken? [ In reply to ]
Bruce Bertrand wrote:
> Gotcha... I was trying to use it to find pages in other namespaces.

There's support in the dev branch for selecting other namespaces; it
looks like it should be a pretty clean patch so I might slip it into 1.3.1.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)