Next Generation Software

"If you're working on something new, then you are necessarily an amateur."
John Archibald Wheeler
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
Len Yabloko wrote:
> Following line fails during the installation
>
> wfQuery( "SELECT l_from FROM links LIMIT 1", DB_READ );

Is the user name and password for the database correct?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
The error happens after checking the database and indexes as the screen
shows:

...ipblocks is up to date.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...have linkscc table.
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
...have hitcounter table.
Converting links table to ID-ID...
Checking links presence...
Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical difficulties, and cannot
contact the database server. I put the debugging line "Checking links
presence..." right before the call to
wfQuery( "SELECT l_from FROM links LIMIT 1", DB_READ );So, it can't be the
user problem. What else can it be?
> Sorry! The wiki is experiencing some technical difficulties, and cannot
> contact the database server. I put the debugging line "Checking links
> presence..." right before the call to
> wfQuery( "SELECT l_from FROM links LIMIT 1", DB_READ );So, it can't be the
> user problem. What else can it be?

That looks exactly like the user problem.

Can you confirm that you gave correct, working database username and
password?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
mysql> select * from mysql.user;
+-----------+------+------------------+
| Host | User | Password |
+-----------+------+------------------+
| localhost | root | |
| build | root | |
| localhost | | 35f518ef0e66b41f |
| build | | |
+-----------+------+------------------+
4 rows in set (0.08 sec)

I am using empty (default) user with non-empty password.
Is this OK?
Leonid Yabloko
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
Len Yabloko wrote:
> I am using empty (default) user with non-empty password.
> Is this OK?

No, that fails with an SQL error trying to grant the user privs.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
Yes, you right, it worked with root user. Thanks
But now when I search for "Einstein" it gives me empty page.
What could this be?
Leonid Yabloko
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
Brion,

Thanks a lot for your help. It works fine as long as it can
find the searched string. Otherwise, it just takes too long
to search, I guess.

Anyway, is there any documentation explaining the search
strategy and table relations?
Leonid Yabloko
Next Generation Software
www.ontospace.net
Re: wfQuery() fails [ In reply to ]
Len Yabloko wrote:
> Thanks a lot for your help. It works fine as long as it can
> find the searched string. Otherwise, it just takes too long
> to search, I guess.

Please check your PHP error log.

> Anyway, is there any documentation explaining the search
> strategy and table relations?

Not really. See the source code.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)