Mailing List Archive

Works wonderfull! Thanks people!!
Hello,

It works wonderful, but I did find a couple of strange things:

The import page is still referring to a beta:
http://www.xxxxxxx.com/index.php?title=Special:Import

The system messages-page errors:

Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
/home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxxxxx.com/httpdocs/includes/SpecialAllmessages.php
on line 8
http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/index.php?title=Special:Allmessages

I get an error message at:
http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/index.php?title=Special:Maintenance&subfunction=disambiguations

wfSpecialDisambiguation is broken. Link tables have changed...

Further, I have chmodded my images directory, also for TMP, like
suggested, but I am a bit concerned that it is possible to upload
malicious code there to. Is there a way to prevent this? .htaccess?

Anyway, nice piece of work! Thanks!

--
Kind Regards,
Marko Faas
Re: Works wonderfull! Thanks people!! [ In reply to ]
Marko Faas wrote:
> It works wonderful, but I did find a couple of strange things:
>
> The import page is still referring to a beta:
> http://www.xxxxxxx.com/index.php?title=Special:Import

Not complete.

> The system messages-page errors:
>
> Warning: set_time_limit(): Cannot set time limit in safe mode in
> /home/httpd/vhosts/xxxxxxxx.com/httpdocs/includes/SpecialAllmessages.php
> on line 8
> http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/index.php?title=Special:Allmessages

Safe mode sucks; even the PHP documentation says it's "architecturally
incorrect". We can probably suppress the messages...

> I get an error message at:
> http://www.xxxxxxxx.com/index.php?title=Special:Maintenance&subfunction=disambiguations
>
> wfSpecialDisambiguation is broken. Link tables have changed...

These functions are rarely used and not maintained. If you'd like to
have a go and fixing them up, feel free.

> Further, I have chmodded my images directory, also for TMP, like
> suggested, but I am a bit concerned that it is possible to upload
> malicious code there to. Is there a way to prevent this? .htaccess?

Is image uploading enabled? If not, then you have to have something
_else_ on your server that allows uploading arbitrary files into _that_
directory.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)