Mailing List Archive

Unable to install 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0
Hi!

I'm trying to install MediaWiki 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0. I get the
following warnings and errors:

<<<
Checking environment...

PHP 4.3.4: ok
PHP server API is apache2handler; ok, using pretty URLs (index.php/Page_Title)
XML / Latin1-UTF-8 conversion is missing! Wiki will probably not work.
PHP's memory_limit is 8M. If this is too low, installation may fail!
Attempting to raise limit to 20M... ok.
Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
Found ImageMagick: /usr/bin/convert; image thumbnailing will be enabled if you
enable uploads.
Installation directory: /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6
Script URI path: /shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6

Warning: array_map(): The first argument, 'utf8_encode', should be either
NULL or a valid callback
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/GlobalFunctions.php
on line 58

Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array.
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/GlobalFunctions.php
on line 61

Warning: array_map(): The first argument, 'utf8_encode', should be either
NULL or a valid callback
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/GlobalFunctions.php
on line 58

Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array.
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/GlobalFunctions.php
on line 61

Connected as root (automatic)

Connected to database... 4.0.18; enabling MySQL 4 enhancements

Database test_wikidb exists

Creating tables... done.

Initializing data...
Granting user permissions...

Warning: array_map(): The first argument, 'utf8_encode', should be either
NULL or a valid callback
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/GlobalFunctions.php
on line 58

Warning: strtr(): The second argument is not an array.
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/GlobalFunctions.php
on line 61

Fatal error: Call to a member function on a non-object
in /var/www/html/shlomi/wikis/mediawiki-1.3.0beta6/includes/User.php on line
28

What should I do about it?

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish shlomif@iglu.org.il
Homepage: http://shlomif.il.eu.org/

Re: Unable to install 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0 [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 August 2004 17:34, Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm trying to install MediaWiki 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0. I get
> the following warnings and errors:

Replying to myself, I'd like to note that I resolved the problem. All I had to
do was install the php-xml Mandrake package. Now, it seems to be working OK.

Re: Unable to install 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0 [ In reply to ]
Shlomi Fish wrote:
> Replying to myself, I'd like to note that I resolved the problem. All I had to
> do was install the php-xml Mandrake package. Now, it seems to be working OK.

Mandrake! Now I know who to send my hate mail to about shipping insanely
broken PHP configurations. Thanks!

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Unable to install 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0 [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 August 2004 18:33, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > Replying to myself, I'd like to note that I resolved the problem. All I
> > had to do was install the php-xml Mandrake package. Now, it seems to be
> > working OK.
>
> Mandrake! Now I know who to send my hate mail to about shipping insanely
> broken PHP configurations. Thanks!

What do you mean by that? After I installed the php-xml package, it seems that
MediaWiki was installed perfectly fine, and it seems to be fully operational.
(from what I tried).

Regards,

Shlomi Fish

Re: Unable to install 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0 [ In reply to ]
Shlomi Fish wrote:
> On Friday 13 August 2004 18:33, Brion Vibber wrote:
>>Mandrake! Now I know who to send my hate mail to about shipping insanely
>>broken PHP configurations. Thanks!
>
> What do you mean by that? After I installed the php-xml package, it seems that
> MediaWiki was installed perfectly fine, and it seems to be fully operational.
> (from what I tried).

PHP's XML module is _enabled by default_. Removing it from the main
package makes for a pretty broken configuration, and Mandrake is asking
for trouble by doing it.

The next release will stop and tell the poor user more explicitly what
the problem is and to install that package if they're on Mandrake.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Unable to install 1.3.0-beta6 on Mandrake Linux 10.0 [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 14 Aug 2004 20:39, Brion Vibber wrote:
> Shlomi Fish wrote:
> > On Friday 13 August 2004 18:33, Brion Vibber wrote:
> >>Mandrake! Now I know who to send my hate mail to about shipping insanely
> >>broken PHP configurations. Thanks!
> >
> > What do you mean by that? After I installed the php-xml package, it seems
> > that MediaWiki was installed perfectly fine, and it seems to be fully
> > operational. (from what I tried).
>
> PHP's XML module is _enabled by default_. Removing it from the main
> package makes for a pretty broken configuration, and Mandrake is asking
> for trouble by doing it.

If you say so. /me is not a PHP expert.

> The next release will stop and tell the poor user more explicitly what
> the problem is and to install that package if they're on Mandrake.

That's a Very Good Idea<tm>. Thanks!