Shouldn't this only disable account creation, not login's from existing users
(like WikiSysop)?

Bruce
Re: No logins with wgWhitelistAccount ??? [ In reply to ]
On Aug 12, 2004, at 9:22 PM, Bruce Bertrand wrote:

> Just set up 1.3 and everything went smoothly, except...
>
> When I added "$wgWhitelistAccount = array ( 'user' => 0, 'sysop' => 1,
> 'developer' => 1 );" to the config file, no one can log in.
>
> Shouldn't this only disable account creation, not login's from
> existing users
> (like WikiSysop)?

It should...
Make sure you don't have $wgWhitelistRead set, and if you do, make sure
the login page is in the whitelist.

~Tor
Re: No logins with wgWhitelistAccount ??? [ In reply to ]
On Friday 13 August 2004 02:07 am, Tor Bjornrud wrote:
> On Aug 12, 2004, at 9:22 PM, Bruce Bertrand wrote:
> > Just set up 1.3 and everything went smoothly, except...
> >
> > When I added "$wgWhitelistAccount = array ( 'user' => 0, 'sysop' => 1,
> > 'developer' => 1 );" to the config file, no one can log in.
> >
> > Shouldn't this only disable account creation, not login's from
> > existing users
> > (like WikiSysop)?
>
> It should...
> Make sure you don't have $wgWhitelistRead set, and if you do, make sure
> the login page is in the whitelist.
>
> ~Tor

Nope, $wgWhitelistRead is not in my LocalSettings.php

The only Whitelist options I have are:
$wgWhitelistEdit = true;
$wgWhitelistAccount = array ( 'user' => 0, 'sysop' => 1, 'developer' => 1 );

Can anyone else confirm or counter this behavior with 1.3?

Bruce
Re: No logins with wgWhitelistAccount ??? [ In reply to ]
I've noticed the same problem.
My config is:
$wgWhitelistEdit = true; # true = user must login to edit.
$wgWhitelistRead = false;
$wgWhitelistAccount = array ( "user" => 0, "sysop" => 1, "developer" => 1 );

In fact it seemed to be working until I used the Sysop account to create
a user (using the Special:Userlogin page).
From that point on, it was impossible to login, I would systematically get:
Sysop access required
The action you have requested can only be performed by users with
"sysop" status
Re: No logins with wgWhitelistAccount ??? [ In reply to ]
Marc Gimpel wrote:
> I've noticed the same problem.
> My config is:
> $wgWhitelistEdit = true; # true = user must login to edit.
> $wgWhitelistRead = false;
> $wgWhitelistAccount = array ( "user" => 0, "sysop" => 1, "developer" => 1 );
>
> In fact it seemed to be working until I used the Sysop account to create
> a user (using the Special:Userlogin page).
>>From that point on, it was impossible to login, I would systematically get:
> Sysop access required
> The action you have requested can only be performed by users with
> "sysop" status

It seems this bug was introduced just prior to the 1.3.0 release. Seems
to have been reverted already, so will be fixed in 1.3.1 which I'll push
out shortly.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)