Mailing List Archive

Basic Mediawiki debugging
Hi,

I have a vanilla version of MediaWiki 1.2.6 installed
and it's been running fine for a long time.
Yesterday, it suddenly stopped and I don't know why.
The symptoms now are when you go to the main page,
wiki/index.php, the request fails.

Using Apple's Safari browser this appears like so:

Safari can’t open the page
http://167.167.212.71/wiki/index.php” because it
could not load any data from this location.

Internet Explorer returns this:

The attempt to load 'Accessing URL:
http://167.167.212.71/wiki/index.php' failed.

I've checked PHP and mysql and at first glance they
seem normal. What else can I try? Is there any log
kept anyplace to check?

Thanks,
Eugene

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Re: Basic Mediawiki debugging [ In reply to ]
Eugene Debs wrote:
> I've checked PHP and mysql and at first glance they
> seem normal. What else can I try? Is there any log
> kept anyplace to check?

Check PHP's error log. Configure PHP to record an error log if necessary.

Try setting $wgDebugLogFile to point at some file.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Basic Mediawiki debugging [ In reply to ]
Thanks! I'll hunt down PHP's error log next.

Meanwhile, here's another clue I found. In mysql, I
can't access the 'cur' table:

ERROR 1016: Can't open file: 'cur.MYI'. (errno: 145)

All other tables seem to be fine. I'm looking up the
error now. What happens if worst comes to worst and I
lose the table? Can I restore it from 'old' somehow,
perhaps?

Thanks,
Eugene

--- Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com> wrote:

> Eugene Debs wrote:
> > I've checked PHP and mysql and at first glance
> they
> > seem normal. What else can I try? Is there any
> log
> > kept anyplace to check?
>
> Check PHP's error log. Configure PHP to record an
> error log if necessary.
>
> Try setting $wgDebugLogFile to point at some file.
>
> -- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
>

> ATTACHMENT part 1.2 application/pgp-signature
name=signature.asc