stripped out all the unicode information from the page. All Chinese
characters were replaced with ????

kerim
Re: Edit conflict unicode bug? [ In reply to ]
P. Kerim friedman wrote:
> I think I found a but in MediaWiki. When presented with an "edit
> conflict" screen for editing a page twice too quickly I guess, it
> stripped out all the unicode information from the page. All Chinese
> characters were replaced with ????

Version, configuration, language settings? Set for Chinese or English?
Unicode or Latin-1? Raw Unicode text or 〹 numeric entities? Which
browser are you using? Can you reproduce this effect regularly? If so,
can you provide an exact set of steps to do so?

I could not reproduce this in 1.3.0beta5 set for English/Unicode, with
raw Unicode Chinese text, using Firefox 0.8.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Edit conflict unicode bug? [ In reply to ]
Brion,

If I can reproduce it I will file a full report with all the info you
requested. I'll try later, when I have time. FYI: I'm using OmniWeb
5beta on mac OS X. (Which uses the Apple WebKit.)

Cheers,

kerim

Re: Edit conflict unicode bug? [ In reply to ]
P. Kerim friedman wrote:
> If I can reproduce it I will file a full report with all the info you
> requested. I'll try later, when I have time. FYI: I'm using OmniWeb
> 5beta on mac OS X. (Which uses the Apple WebKit.)

Thanks. I gave a quick try with Safari 1.2.2 also, with normal results
so far. Hopefully it's just a freak occurance. :D

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Edit conflict unicode bug? [ In reply to ]
On Jul 30, 2004, at 4:47 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> P. Kerim friedman wrote:
>> If I can reproduce it I will file a full report with all the info you
>> requested. I'll try later, when I have time. FYI: I'm using OmniWeb
>> 5beta on mac OS X. (Which uses the Apple WebKit.)
>
> Thanks. I gave a quick try with Safari 1.2.2 also, with normal results
> so far. Hopefully it's just a freak occurance. :D

I also use OmniWeb 5 -- from what I understand, OmniWeb doesn't have
full Unicode support (yet). For instance, where Unicode characters in
MediaWiki URLs may appear normally in Safari, but they appear as
encoded characters in OmniWeb. So I assume that it has something to do
with the application itself, and not WebKit.

Dan Carlson
Re: Edit conflict unicode bug? [ In reply to ]
Interesting. OmniWeb actually uses an older version of the webkit that
they've modified. They plan to integrate the full current webkit after
the release of version 5. It may have something to do with the old
webkit... or their modifications thereof.

kerim