Did I miss something here? Do I need adiditional "tweaking" after
upgrading from 1.2.4?

(Installation-Log ist enclosed)

Bye, Thommie

THOMAS M. ROTHER * n e t z w i s s e n * D-73728 Esslingen
F.R. Germany, European Union * mailto:t.rother@netzwissen.de
http://www.netzwissen.de * GPG Key from http://wwwkeys.de.pgp.net
Fingerprint B208 E204 4249 4635 19B9 B691 3E73 C8B9 1229 DE4C
Re: 1.3.0beta5 experiences [ In reply to ]
All,
Please post if you have any updates on the issue below.

thanx.
Selva.
TheScian.com
Science as a way of life.

On Jul 24, 2004, at 4:18 AM, Thomas Rother wrote:

Hi,
some notes and questions on beta5:
The "plain" installation and also the general upgrade process from
older wikis (here: 1.2.4) seems to be OK for now. I see none of the
installation errors (PEAR etc.) which occured when upgrading to beta4.

But: When upgrading a 1.2.4 wiki with approx. 1300 pages, all present
pages are gone. Even on the "All pages" and on the link for orphaned
pages, I see none of the old articles, although they are present in the
database, although I used the same site name ($wgSitename) as before.

Re: 1.3.0beta5 experiences [ In reply to ]
Hi,
I've upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3 Beta5.
I get the below when using "search".
--------
A database query syntax error has occurred. This could be because of an
illegal search query (see Searching TheScian Science Wiki), or it may
indicate a bug in the software. The last attempted database query was:
SELECT cur_id,cur_namespace,cur_title,cur_text FROM cur,searchindex
WHERE cur_id=si_page AND MATCH(si_title) AGAINST('+blackholes' IN
BOOLEAN MODE) AND cur_namespace IN (0,11) LIMIT 0, 20

from within function "SearchEngine::showResults". MySQL returned error
"1016: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYI'. (errno: 145)
--------

Any pointers?

thanx. Selva.
TheScian.com
Science as a way of life.
Re: 1.3.0beta5 experiences [ In reply to ]
Selva wrote:
> I've upgraded from 1.2.4 to 1.3 Beta5.
> I get the below when using "search".
[snip]
> from within function "SearchEngine::showResults". MySQL returned error
> "1016: Can't open file: 'searchindex.MYI'. (errno: 145)

For some reason MySQL often refuses to put actual error messages in
their error messages; to figure out what it means you have to pass the
error number to the 'perror' program:

$ perror 145
Error code 145: Unknown error: 145
145 = Table was marked as crashed and should be repaired

You'll have to run a 'REPAIR TABLE searchindex'.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)