Storing additional user data
I'd like to store an additional item of data ("grade") for each user,
and set things up so only administrators can change the item, and admins
can view a table showing every user's grade.

What do you think the easiest way of going about this is? I have written
sites using PHP and MySQL before, but have never tinkered with MediaWiki!

Many thanks for your help

Nick
Re: Storing additional user data [ In reply to ]
Nick Bell wrote:
> I'd like to store an additional item of data ("grade") for each user,
> and set things up so only administrators can change the item, and admins
> can view a table showing every user's grade.
>
> What do you think the easiest way of going about this is? I have written
> sites using PHP and MySQL before, but have never tinkered with MediaWiki!
>
> Many thanks for your help
>
> Nick

Hello,

I think the best way will be to make a special page like
SpecialGrades.php, restrict it to admins (see SpecialAsksql.php for an
example of restriction).

This special page would have a field asking for username (aka search
function) then clicking on a username will grab the grade of the user
and let admin change it (like /wiki/SpecialGrade.php?user=Someone

--
Ashar Voultoiz