be able to choose the Monobook skin?

Thank you very much for your help.

BoD
Re: Monobook skin ? [ In reply to ]
BoD wrote:
> Hello! I'm new to mediawiki, and just installed it. It works fine, but
> now I'd like to have the same beautiful skins as in the wikipedia, i.e.
> the Monobook skin.

MonoBook is in MediaWiki 1.3 only. If you're not running the 1.3 beta,
you won't have the MonoBook skin available.

> Now I looked at this page http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skins and then
> downloaded Smarty-2.6.2, and put it at the right place; then I did the
> LocalSettings.php changes (albeit I only did the smarty part - do I need
> to get PHPTal too?) so here's what I have now in my LocalSettings.php:

We don't use Smarty. (There were some old experimental skins that did,
but they were never completed and have been removed in 1.3.)

MonoBook uses PHPTal, but we include a copy in the MediaWiki tarball to
simplify distribution and to make some application-specific fixes and
workarounds. You don't need to download it separately, and it's the
default skin so you should be seeing it automatically.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Monobook skin ? [ In reply to ]
Ok :) Too bad, I installed 1.2.6 of course.
I suppose the migration is easy ? ;)

BoD

Re: Re: Monobook skin ? [ In reply to ]
BoD wrote:

> Ok :) Too bad, I installed 1.2.6 of course.
> I suppose the migration is easy ? ;)
>
> BoD
>

> Brion Vibber wrote:
> >

>> MonoBook is in MediaWiki 1.3 only. If you're not running the 1.3
>> beta, you won't have the MonoBook skin available.

It should be.
Re: Monobook skin ? [ In reply to ]
Yep indeed it worked just fine :) Cool!

Now another question. How do you customize the sidebar ? For example I
don't need this "Community portal" link...
Thanks for your help.

BoD

Re: Re: Monobook skin ? [ In reply to ]