Any hint what to do would be nice.

Best regards

Andreas
Re: Fulltext search does not work [ In reply to ]
Andreas Paeffgen wrote:
> on win2k, php 4.3.7 and iis i have set up a development version of
> mediawiki 1.3.02 beta succsesfully with fulltext search automatically
> enabled.
>
> On our server, the same configuration, full text does not work.

Can you provide some details of what "does not work"?

What versions of MySQL are you using? Are you sharing a configuration
file between the two setups or running the config script separately?
Different code is used on MySQL 3 and MySQL 4; the MySQL 4 code won't
work on 3.

> If i try the rebuildall.php on the command line i get the following hint:
> "rebuildlinks.inc needs to be updated to the new schema"

I think it's been updated in CVS.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Fulltext search does not work [ In reply to ]
On Fri, 25 Jun 2004 11:02:41 -0700, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Can you provide some details of what "does not work"?

Sorry i was that unprecise.

Search functionality should be comfortable. What is "not working" is the
extended use of asterix signs.

On my "working" development version, i search vor "Haupt*" (Main*) and it
finds "Hauptseite" (Mainpage). And some other sites containing the word
Haupt+

On the server version it only finds "Hauptseit*" (Mainpag*). What is the
reason that "fuzzy search" on one version works, on the other not?

I installed both versions seperately, just syncronised the database-tables
cur.

MySql on the server is 3.23.55 on the development system 4.0.14.

In the next days i try to update the rebuildlinks.inc. Maybe that helps.

Thanks for the hint

Andreas
Re: Re: Fulltext search does not work [ In reply to ]
Andreas Paeffgen wrote:
> On my "working" development version, i search vor "Haupt*" (Main*) and it
> finds "Hauptseite" (Mainpage). And some other sites containing the word
> Haupt+
>
> On the server version it only finds "Hauptseit*" (Mainpag*). What is the
> reason that "fuzzy search" on one version works, on the other not?

This is the reason:
> MySql on the server is 3.23.55 on the development system 4.0.14.

MySQL 3 doesn't support wildcards in fulltext search.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)