Thanks
Joe

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Help installing wikipedia data [ In reply to ]
Hello

I installed WikiMedia 1.2.6 ok, seems to be working
fine.
Now I downloaded a bit of the SQL dumps

"20040620_cur_table.sql"

Now, how do I install these into my DB, so I can see
the example data using phpMyAdmin?

ALSO, which page(s) do I need to edit to customize the
look/feel of my wiki page?
Thanks

http://promotions.yahoo.com/new_mail
Re: Help installing wikipedia data [ In reply to ]
Jimmy Apple wrote:
> I installed MEdiaWiki 1.2.6 yesterday without
> problems.
>
> I also downloaded a few db dumps from the wikipedia
> site.
> (for example:20040620_cur_table.sql)
>
> How do i install the data into my Wiki for testing
> using phpMyadmin?

phpmyadmin has an option for uploading a file of sql commands. This
might work, however be aware that the amount of data is very large; you
might or might not be able to use that on the large dump files.

You may also need to increase the max packet size in your mysqld
configuration.

> Also, How do I customize the look/feel of my wiki
> pages?

Change the stylesheets, change the skin code to produce the output you want.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)