purposes.

Question:
Is there any way of combining pages dynamically, so that I e.g. can set up
a metapage of sorts that imports the content of each of the manual's pages
dynamically?

Any and all help will be appreciated :-)

With regards,
Arne Meyer Vedø-Hansen
Re: Is there any way of combining pages dynamically [ In reply to ]
Arne Meyer Hansen wrote:
> Situation:
> I have a manual where each chapter has its' own page/article. The size of
> it makes it difficult to combine it all into one page/article.
>
> Problem:
> I wish at time to be able to view the entire manual, e.g. for printing
> purposes.
>
> Question:
> Is there any way of combining pages dynamically, so that I e.g. can set up
> a metapage of sorts that imports the content of each of the manual's pages
> dynamically?
>
> Any and all help will be appreciated :-)
>
> With regards,
> Arne Meyer Vedø-Hansen

Hello,

There is no way to do it easily actually. You can easier print each page
or export every pages through the Special:Export page and then copy and
paste each article in one page.

The german wikipedia is producing PDF files containing different pages:
http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiReader

I am not sure if they have an automatic tool for this or if it's 100%
handed manually.

--
Ashar Voultoiz
Re: Is there any way of combining pages dynamically [ In reply to ]
Arne Meyer Hansen wrote:

> Question:
> Is there any way of combining pages dynamically, so that I e.g. can set up
> a metapage of sorts that imports the content of each of the manual's pages
> dynamically?

Yes. The template system in 1.3 allows any page to be "transcluded" as though it were a template.
Just use {{page_name}} - but note that to get something from the main namespace (i.e. just
[[Page_name]] not [[Project_name:Page_name]] or whatever) you have to use {{:page_name}}, otherwise
it will assume you're referring to [[Template:Page_name]] not [[Page_name]].

Hope that makes sense.

--
Rowan Collins
[IMSoP]
Re: Is there any way of combining pages dynamically [ In reply to ]
Hi,

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 09:06:15AM +0200, Arne Meyer Hansen wrote:
> Problem:
> I wish at time to be able to view the entire manual, e.g. for printing
> purposes.

There is a wiki2PDF Project in development: http://wiki.auf-trag.de/
You can get the source, install it at home and feed it with a list of
articles.

bye
Alex