Mailing List Archive

now to import Phase3 to Phase3 tables and schemes...
Quoting Brion Vibber, from the post of Wed, 16 Jun:
> Brion Vibber wrote:
> >MonoBook is not available in 1.2, it's in 1.3. Get the 1.3.0beta2
>
> Or rather, beta3.

ok, got it, now I have a nice error message that happend because
obviously the scheme has changed and there's a field missing in the DB,
however digging the sf.net site, the INSTALL file, the docs on Meta and
even the bug tracker produced nothing so far. I did cd maintainence, and
looked for a php script to upgrade my schemes and define whatever new
tables are needed but when I ran the script I thought is appropriate I
get this:

# php4 importPhase2.php

Can't use command-line utils with in-place install yet, sorry.

# cd ../
# php4 update.php

obsolete; remove this file befor 1.3.0 release

the only pointer I found, seems severely out-of-date...
http://meta.wikipedia.org/wiki/Documentation:Administration#Updating_the_softwar

So, sorry to bother again, and pledging a promiss to update the
Metawiki's pages once I come through, can anyone point me to the
solution or do I dive into the code to figure it out? :-)

--
The son of Gojira
Ira Abramov
Re: now to import Phase3 to Phase3 tables and schemes... [ In reply to ]
Quoting Ira Abramov, from the post of Thu, 17 Jun:

> ok, got it, now I have a nice error message that happend because
> obviously the scheme has changed and there's a field missing in the DB,

ok, this was solved on IRC, thanks Brion, Tim and Domas!

for everyone else:
I eventually went for the latest phase3 from CVS, added
http://packages.dotdeb.org to my apt.sources and got the latest mysql,
this solved a few things, still the "interesting" skins refused to work
so I upgraded my php4 from 4.1 to 4.3 as well and finally "monobook"
works as well!

And joy! I didn't screw up IMP3 in the process!

to sum up - phase3 with a little help from dotdeb.org, can run on Debian
Woody (stable at this time)

Thanks everyone for the patiance :)

--
Nominated for a butt load of awards
Ira Abramov
Re: now to import Phase3 to Phase3 tables and schemes... [ In reply to ]
Ira Abramov wrote:
> # php4 importPhase2.php
>
> Can't use command-line utils with in-place install yet, sorry.

Phase 2 refers to the software we used on Wikipedia from January 2002 to
June 2002, and which Enciclopedia Libre continued to use until a few
months ago (when I updated importPhase2.php for the then-current schema;
it's not up to date for 1.3.)

Chances are very good you don't need it.

> # cd ../
> # php4 update.php
>
> obsolete; remove this file befor 1.3.0 release

Yep, it's obsolete. Use config/index.php, as always.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)