Mailing List Archive

where's the monobook?
Hi people, new kid on the block...

I just got 1.2.26 off the sf.net download section, I am in the process
of setting up a Hebrew wiki site and MediaWiki seemed to be the best
solution currently available.

Installation went fine without a hitch. I had a few fixes to do on the
rewriting rules to get it to run right (the example on the site had a
few syntax errors), and then I went looking for skins, since the default
is... well, dull.

The best that comes with the tarball seems to be Blue Cologne, I read
the users' guide and I see that many others are listed - Mono, MonoBook,
DaVinci and others, but for the life of me I can't see where to download
them from, and how to install them once they were here (in Language.php
I got to cologneBlue by selecting a number, but I could not find where
that was enumerated... the only place I haven't looked is inside the DB
itself, should I?). I am guessing MonoBook and the rest are on the CVS
only, but I was aiming at getting a stable version rather than the
latest CVS flux version. How do I get my paws on the skin currently used
by (he|en).Wikipedia.org for instance?

as a side note - my server is running Debian Stable, so MySQL and php
are supposedly almost too old for mediawiki, but I'm glad to say it
seems to be working fine.

Thanks in advance for your patiance and help, I greatly appreciate your
work on this wonderful useful project! Once I get the last few things
ironed out I may even migrate some of the stuff I have today on twiki,
this is really great!

Ira.
Re: where's the monobook? [ In reply to ]
Ira Abramov wrote:
> Installation went fine without a hitch. I had a few fixes to do on the
> rewriting rules to get it to run right (the example on the site had a
> few syntax errors),

It'd be a great help if you could make corrections to any erroneous
documentation on meta.wikipedia.org. It's all work in progress... :)

> I am guessing MonoBook and the rest are on the CVS
> only, but I was aiming at getting a stable version rather than the
> latest CVS flux version. How do I get my paws on the skin currently used
> by (he|en).Wikipedia.org for instance?

MonoBook is not available in 1.2, it's in 1.3. Get the 1.3.0beta2
package from the download page on http://sf.net/projects/wikipedia or
brave the daily ups and downs of CVS...

The tabs in Monobook will not appear properly if the localization is
incomplete because of weird RTL interference, so make sure those are
fixed up.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: where's the monobook? [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> MonoBook is not available in 1.2, it's in 1.3. Get the 1.3.0beta2

Or rather, beta3.

Bah! too many numbers.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)