text has nothing. Also, even if I check the checkboxes for other
namespaces, they appear unchecked when I re-do the search. I can see all
the fields in the GET request so I'm not sure what's happening.

Any hints or suggestions?
For reference this wiki is at http://seattlewiki.org

Thanks,
Matias

PS: "popular pages" and recent changes work just fine.
Re: Search and Special:All_pages problems [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 06:34:04 -0700, Matias Pelenur
<mediawiki-l@matiaspelenur.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
> I've been adding some content to a new wiki I started. The wiki is set
> up using the CVS phase3 tip.
>
> For some reason neither Search nor Special:All_pages is working. Search
> never finds anything, either as a direct title match or as a page text
> match. And All_pages lists only a single page.

With regards to All_pages... looking at:
http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Allpages
I see:
Bike to Work Month to Wireless access
where Bike to Work Month links to:
http://seattlewiki.org/w/index.php?title=Special:Allpages&from=Bike_to_Work_Month

which lists:

From SeattleWiki
Bike to Work Month Current happenings General resources
George and Dragon Pub Getting to know Seattle Help
Indoorsy stuff Internet access Main Page
Places to go SeattleWiki Temporary index page
Things to do Trivia contests Useful websites
Volunteer Wireless access

This, at least, seems to work.
Re: Search and Special:All_pages problems [ In reply to ]
On 10/06/2004, at 11:34 PM, Matias Pelenur wrote:

> Perhaps a useful symptom is that when I search for anything, the search
> page says 'Search results: For query ""'; notice that they "for query"
> text has nothing. Also, even if I check the checkboxes for other
> namespaces, they appear unchecked when I re-do the search. I can see
> all
> the fields in the GET request so I'm not sure what's happening.

The search problem is probably caused by broken URL rewriting if you
type "teststring" into a search box on you site you get the URL
http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=teststring&go=Go but
if you change the ? to a & you get
http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Search&search=teststring&go=Go
which works as expected. I suspect you a rewriting /wiki/$1 to
wiki.phtml?title=$1 if you do you'll get two ?s in the URL and it wont
work.

Special:Allpages on your site seems to be working for me.

Tobin.
Re: Search and Special:All_pages problems [ In reply to ]
On 11/06/2004, at 12:18 AM, Tobin Richard wrote:

> On 10/06/2004, at 11:34 PM, Matias Pelenur wrote:
>>

>> Perhaps a useful symptom is that when I search for anything, the
>> search
>> page says 'Search results: For query ""'; notice that they "for query"
>> text has nothing. Also, even if I check the checkboxes for other
>> namespaces, they appear unchecked when I re-do the search. I can see
>> all
>> the fields in the GET request so I'm not sure what's happening.
>>

> The search problem is probably caused by broken URL rewriting if you
> type "teststring" into a search box on you site you get the URL
> http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Search?search=teststring&go=Go but
> if you change the ? to a & you get
> http://seattlewiki.org/wiki/Special:Search&search=teststring&go=Go
> which works as expected. I suspect you a rewriting /wiki/$1 to
> wiki.phtml?title=$1 if you do you'll get two ?s in the URL and it wont
> work.
>
> Special:Allpages on your site seems to be working for me.
>
> Tobin.

Grrr, proofread then send (its cold and late here and my fingers are
not working properly)...

I forgot to say how to fix this. Change your rewrite rule for /wiki/ to
something like "RewriteRULE ^(.*) /index.php/$1" and things should
start working as expected.

Tobin
Re: Search and Special:All_pages problems [ In reply to ]
Thanks Fennec and Tobin for the speedy replies; I will fix the search
rewrite problem and the All_pages works as you both said, I just wasn't
reading carefully enough, doh!

--Matias