Mailing List Archive

MySQL Root Problem
"You will only need this if the database and/or user account above don't
already exist."

On the config page for web install it says that MySQL root access is not
neccessary if the account given checks fine, however the script stops
and begins backtracing just after letting me know that the root password
(I didn't give one) is denied. What confuses me is that the script sets
up the database just fine, yet doesn't spit out LocalSettings.

Could someone please assist me? I've written so many entries, and I'm
dying to make them accessible.

Below is the readout, thanks,

-Steve

* PHP 4.3.6 ok
* PHP server API is cgi; using ugly URLs (index.php?title=Page_Title)
* Have zlib support; enabling output compression.
* Found GD graphics library built-in, image thumbnailing will be
enabled if you enable uploads.
* Installation directory: /homepages/22/d94944393/htdocs/yeago.net/wiki
* Script URI path: /wiki
* MySQL error 1045: Access denied for user:
'root@infong223.kundenserver.de' (Using password: NO)
* Trying regular user... ok.
* Connected to database... 4.0.17-standard-log; enabling MySQL 4
enhancements
* Database db95048066 exists
* There are already MediaWiki tables in this database. Checking if
updates are needed...

...ipblocks is up to date.
...already have interwiki table
...indexes seem up to 20031107 standards
...have linkscc table.
...linkscc is up to date, or does not exist. Good.
...have hitcounter table.
Converting links table to ID-ID...
No rows to convert. Updating schema...
Dropping temporary links table if it exists... done.
Creating temporary links table... done.

Dropping backup links table if it exists... done.
Swapping tables 'links' to 'links_backup'; 'links_temp' to 'links'... done.

Conversion complete. The old table remains at links_backup;
delete at your leisure.
SQL error: Access denied for user: 'root@infong223.kundenserver.de' (Using password: NO)

Backtrace:

o Database.php line 205, in wfdebugdiebacktrace()
o Database.php line 305, in database::fetchobject()
o updaters.inc line 141, in database::fieldexists()
o index.php line 407, in do_user_real_name_update()