Odile Bénassy, développeuse de logiciels libres
Odile Benassy, libre software developer
gpg: 6333 33AF 1AA4 5A64 3870 33BC 4247 DC1D BDEB B4AA
Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
le fichier suivant as t-il ete copie unniveua plus haut une fois que la
config est faite vous devez recopier le fichier LocalSettings.php qui est
dans /config un nievau repertoire plus haut. et ca devrasi marche faite
refresh dasn votre browser internet.

> Hello,
>
> I'm trying to install mediawiki for association OFSET (see
> http//www.ofset.org).
>
> I get a blank page when I call index.php (see http://wikipedia.ofset.org).
>
> Some hints :
> - I've done the setup from command line.
> - if I try to call http://wikipedia.ofset.org/config, it displays a
> message saying that my Wikipedai is configured and I should erase /config
> directory for security reasons.
> - script seems not to pass line 51 :
> wfProfileIn( "main-misc-setup" );
> yet it passes successfully "include" lines, such as line 39
> include_once( "./LocalSettings.php" );
>
> Can you help ?
>

> --
> Odile Bénassy, développeuse de logiciels libres
> Odile Benassy, libre software developer
> gpg: 6333 33AF 1AA4 5A64 3870 33BC 4247 DC1D BDEB B4AA

Stephane Thevenot

http://www.thevtek.com
http://webmail.thevtek.com (votre courrier gratuit !!!)

Besoin de vacances ?
Need vacation ?
Solution: http://www.catamarans.ws
Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
On Sat, 22 May 2004 20:33:40 +0400 (EDT)
"Stephane Thevenot" <stephane@thevtek.com> wrote:

> le fichier suivant as t-il ete copie unniveua plus haut une fois que la
> config est faite vous devez recopier le fichier LocalSettings.php qui est
> dans /config un nievau repertoire plus haut. et ca devrasi marche faite
> refresh dasn votre browser internet.

I just retried the installation all over.
Copied *all* the directory into the right place. All into the same directory (before I had used several directories). No good for security, but ok it's what I've done. Of course I have a LocalSettings.php in place.

Same problem !

Can you help ?

It is as if any function call would refuse to work.

Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
Odile Bénassy wrote:
> Some hints :
> - I've done the setup from command line.
> - if I try to call http://wikipedia.ofset.org/config, it displays a message saying that my Wikipedai is configured and I should erase /config directory for security reasons.
> - script seems not to pass line 51 :
> wfProfileIn( "main-misc-setup" );
> yet it passes successfully "include" lines, such as line 39
> include_once( "./LocalSettings.php" );

Never seen anything like this.

Can you provide your LocalSettings.php (minus the passwords)?

What's your PHP version, etc?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]

>> Some hints : - I've done the setup from command line. - if I
>> try to call http://wikipedia.ofset.org/config, it displays a
>> message saying that my Wikipedai is configured and I should
>> erase /config directory for security reasons. - script seems
>> not to pass line 51 : wfProfileIn( "main-misc-setup" ); yet it
>> passes successfully "include" lines, such as line 39
>> include_once( "./LocalSettings.php" );

BV> Never seen anything like this.

It's ringing a very tremulous bell, actually. I can't remember what it
was, though. Perhaps a PHP thing? Maybe a memory problem?

Sorry I can't be more specific -- I can't even remember if it was with
my development install or with Wikitravel.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@wikitravel.org>
Wikitravel - http://wikitravel.org/en/
Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
Evan Prodromou wrote:
> >> script seems
> >> not to pass line 51 : wfProfileIn( "main-misc-setup" ); yet it
> >> passes successfully "include" lines, such as line 39
> >> include_once( "./LocalSettings.php" );
>
> BV> Never seen anything like this.
>
> It's ringing a very tremulous bell, actually. I can't remember what it
> was, though. Perhaps a PHP thing? Maybe a memory problem?

Ah, that reminds me of one thing to check: make sure that PHP is set to
either *display* or *log* errors, and that you can get at the error log
if the latter.

Some hosting services disable error display because of security fears
(since error messages can include pathnames and other information
potentially useful to hackers). An include or include_once can fail if
the file is not found without stopping the script from running, while an
undeclared function call is always a fatal error.

Try putting at the top of index.php this call:

ini_set("display_errors", true);

Hopefully that will give a better clue what's going on.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
On Sun, 23 May 2004 20:28:37 -0700
Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com> wrote:

> > BV> Never seen anything like this.
> >
> > It's ringing a very tremulous bell, actually. I can't remember what it
> > was, though. Perhaps a PHP thing? Maybe a memory problem?
>
> Ah, that reminds me of one thing to check: make sure that PHP is set to
> either *display* or *log* errors, and that you can get at the error log
> if the latter.

Thanks, I've have done so, in php.ini, now I have error display.
The problem seems to be a path problem.

--%<
Warning: Failed opening '/usr/lib/wikimedia/DefaultSettings.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/lib/wikimedia/LocalSettings.php on line 34

Warning: Failed opening 'Setup.php' for inclusion (include_path='/usr/lib/wikimedia:.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/lib/wikimedia/index.php on line 56

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: wfprofilein() in /usr/lib/wikimedia/index.php on line 60
--%<

Have I missed sth about Apache configuration for example ?
We run the service as a virtual host : http://wikipedia.ofset.org.
All our other virtual hosts do work.

Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
On Tue, 25 May 2004 13:34:46 +0200
Odile Bénassy <obenassy@free.fr> wrote:

> On Sun, 23 May 2004 20:28:37 -0700
> Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com> wrote:

> > > It's ringing a very tremulous bell, actually. I can't remember what it
> > > was, though. Perhaps a PHP thing? Maybe a memory problem?
> >
> > Ah, that reminds me of one thing to check: make sure that PHP is set to
> > either *display* or *log* errors, and that you can get at the error log
> > if the latter.
> >

> Thanks, I've have done so, in php.ini, now I have error display.
> The problem seems to be a path problem.

It's working now :
http://mediawiki.ofset.org
(hardcoded include_path in php.ini)

Thanks !

Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
Odile Bénassy said the following on 5/25/2004 7:40 AM:

> It's working now :
> http://mediawiki.ofset.org
> (hardcoded include_path in php.ini)
>
> Thanks !
So how did you fix this problem?

ciaran
Re: Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
On Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:20:36 -0700
ciaran <misterredtape@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Odile Bénassy said the following on 5/25/2004 7:40 AM:
> >
> > It's working now :
> > http://mediawiki.ofset.org
> > (hardcoded include_path in php.ini)
> >
> > Thanks !
> So how did you fix this problem?

I hardcoded my include_path in the server's php.ini
I cannot conceive a better solution, unless there is some central place, more specific to mediawiki software, where we could write this include_path.

Re: Re: Trying to install [ In reply to ]
Odile Bénassy wrote:
> I hardcoded my include_path in the server's php.ini I cannot conceive
> a better solution, unless there is some central place, more specific
> to mediawiki software, where we could write this include_path.

ini_set( "include_path", "/blah/blah:/foo/bar" );

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)