Date: Mon, 10 May 2004 15:32:23 -0700
From: Brion Vibber <brion@pobox.com>
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] special page fileUpload doesn`t run
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
<mediawiki-l@Wikimedia.org>

Eduard Bauer wrote:
> if I upload a file the tempfile-name on the answer-page comes wrong
>
> example, wampp2tmpphp3E2A.tmp the "\" are eliminated
> the correct path would be "wampp2\tmp\php3....
>
> I run the mediawiki on a windowsXP with apache.

There's an inconsistency in how PHP does its "magic quotes" mangling on the
upload data, which we had overlooked. It doesn't usually make a different on
Unix but Windows does silly things like using backslash for a directory
separator, which screws everything up when we remove the "extra"
backslashes.

A fix will be in 1.2.6; you can make the change manually in index.php:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=411192&aid=951541&group_id
=34373

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)