Mailing List Archive

How to properly switch to a new default skin?
Hi,

I cannot find any information on how to set "CologneBlue" as new default
skin for my Wiki. After a while I edited Skin.php, put comments around
all skins except CologneBlue, and changed...

function getStylesheet()
{
return "wikistandard.css";
}

...to...

function getStylesheet()
{
return "cologneblue.css";
}

This works fine, but now registered members who had the "Standard" skin
set as default get an error message, for example:
Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: skinstandard in
/www/htdocs/mozilla/wiki/includes/User.php on line 438

So how can I properly switch to Cologneblue as default skin? I hoped
there was a variable in DefaultSettings.php, but there isn't.

Thanks.
Re: How to properly switch to a new default skin? [ In reply to ]
Tom Veidt wrote:
> I cannot find any information on how to set "CologneBlue" as new default
> skin for my Wiki. After a while I edited Skin.php, put comments around
> all skins except CologneBlue, and changed...

Oooh, that will break everything. Don't do that. :)

> So how can I properly switch to Cologneblue as default skin? I hoped
> there was a variable in DefaultSettings.php, but there isn't.

See:
http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2004-May/009788.html

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: How to properly switch to a new default skin? [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Tom Veidt wrote:
>
>> I cannot find any information on how to set "CologneBlue" as new
>> default skin for my Wiki. After a while I edited Skin.php, put
>> comments around all skins except CologneBlue, and changed...
>

> Oooh, that will break everything. Don't do that. :)

Actually it seemed to work quite well, except that the skin choices in
the user control panel were mixed up. ;)

>> So how can I properly switch to Cologneblue as default skin? I hoped
>> there was a variable in DefaultSettings.php, but there isn't.
>
> See:
> http://mail.wikipedia.org/pipermail/wikitech-l/2004-May/009788.html

Hey, but I did a search. ;) Haven't even thought about looking in the
language files, but it's working fine now, thanks.