Thanks.

--
Franco
Problem with Apache2, MySql, Windows2000 installation [ In reply to ]
Hello!

After a successful installation (I mean the successful execution of the
config.php script), I'm stuck at the point where I move the
LocalSettings.php file in the Wiki root and then I access the index.php
file. At this point I systematically get the "noconnect" message
("cannot contact the server ..."). What surprises me, is why it claims
it cannot connect while it has connected few seconds before (and even
created a database with tables)??

Any help will be very much appreciated :)

Thanks.

--
Franco
Re: Problem with Apache2, MySql, Windows2000 installation [ In reply to ]
On Apr 28, 2004, at 02:22, Maurizio Balestrieri wrote:
> After a successful installation (I mean the successful execution of
> the config.php script), I'm stuck at the point where I move the
> LocalSettings.php file in the Wiki root and then I access the
> index.php file. At this point I systematically get the "noconnect"
> message ("cannot contact the server ..."). What surprises me, is why
> it claims it cannot connect while it has connected few seconds before
> (and even created a database with tables)??
>
> Any help will be very much appreciated :)

Check that the user permissions were set up in MySQL.

Was this an install with root privs on mysql? Is there a root password,
or did it automatically bypass using a blank root password?

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Problem with Apache2, MySql, Windows2000 installation [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:

> Check that the user permissions were set up in MySQL.

The user used has all privileges with GRANT option.

> Was this an install with root privs on mysql? Is there a root
> password, or did it automatically bypass using a blank root password?

I've installed MySQL on a machine of mine. There is currently no root
password set (it is blank). The install was done with the script
supplied (and with blank root password). The table are there and all
seems OK looking at the database with mySQL Control Center ...
Re: Problem with Apache2, MySql, Windows2000 installation [ In reply to ]
On Apr 29, 2004, at 06:54, Franco Stellin wrote:
> Brion Vibber wrote:
>> Check that the user permissions were set up in MySQL.
>
> The user used has all privileges with GRANT option.

Can you confirm that the correct username and password appear in the
generated LocalSettings.php? Can you connect manually with that
username and password to the server and look through the tables?

>> Was this an install with root privs on mysql? Is there a root
>> password, or did it automatically bypass using a blank root password?
>
> I've installed MySQL on a machine of mine. There is currently no root
> password set (it is blank). The install was done with the script
> supplied (and with blank root password). The table are there and all
> seems OK looking at the database with mySQL Control Center ...

(data point marked)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)