From: mediawiki-l-bounces@Wikimedia.org
[mailto:mediawiki-l-bounces@Wikimedia.org] On Behalf Of Brion Vibber
Sent: April 22, 2004 3:32 PM
To: MediaWiki announcements and site admin list
Subject: Re: [Mediawiki-l] Linux install == blank page

On Apr 22, 2004, at 08:22, Mike Dickson wrote:
>> You could set $wgDebugLogFile = "/tmp/wikilog"; or such. (Must be
>> writable by the web server.)
>
> Adding this line does nothing in either LocalSettings.php or
index.php.
> Do I also have to turn on debugging somehow? Anyone?

LocalSettings.php is the only place you should have to add it. (Add it
*after* the include() of DefaultSettings.php, of course.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)

Re: Linux install == blank page UPDATE [ In reply to ]
On Apr 22, 2004, at 12:58, Mike Dickson wrote:
> Here is what the log contains, when trying to get to the first page.

Could you also try grabbing /index.php/Main_Page directly? Also try
Special:Specialpages.

Also try index.php?title=Main_Page, index.php?title=Special:Specialpages

Does the redirect work (it should return a 301 'moved' response with a
Location: header pointing to the canonical name of the page when you
grab the initial page without givign a title). Try doing the requests
directly in telnet, using a packet sniffer, or the 'Live HTTP headers'
to make sure the correct response comes back and that the given URL is
complete and correct.

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
RE: Linux install == blank page UPDATE [ In reply to ]
Hi there

>Could you also try grabbing /index.php/Main_Page directly? Also try
>Special:Specialpages.
>
>Also try index.php?title=Main_Page,
index.php?title=Special:Specialpages

None of these produced any result. The log files are all the same,
except for the Request bit.

>Does the redirect work (it should return a 301 'moved' response with a
>Location: header pointing to the canonical name of the page when you
>grab the initial page without givign a title). Try doing the requests
>directly in telnet, using a packet sniffer, or the 'Live HTTP headers'

>to make sure the correct response comes back and that the given URL is
>complete and correct.

I think you're going to have to assume I know a little less than you on
this stuff :(

...Mike

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)