It's a relatively new Wiki and I haven't noticed this behavior before.
But that looks like a bug to us.

Thanks.
Re: "Special Pages" appear in user's "Contributions" page [ In reply to ]
On Apr 16, 2004, at 09:31, Tom Veidt wrote:
> a user from my Wiki just noticed a strange behavior: "Special Pages"
> which he visits appear in his "Contributions" page even though he
> hasn't edited anything on these pages. The same also happens on my
> Contributions page.
>
> See here for an example:
> http://mozilla.bric.de/wiki/index.php?title=Spezial:
> Contributions&target=Digitus
>
> Also notice the exclamation mark in the article names, e.g.: "Das
> Deutsche Mozilla-Wiki:!Dead-end pages". Is this a bug or on purpose?
> It's a relatively new Wiki and I haven't noticed this behavior before.
> But that looks like a bug to us.

This looks like the cached output storage for some special pages. Those
probably shouldn't be saved with a user id attached...

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: "Special Pages" appear in user's "Contributions" page [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> This looks like the cached output storage for some special pages. Those
> probably shouldn't be saved with a user id attached...

Ok, and how could I prevent them from being "saved with a user ID attached"?
Re: "Special Pages" appear in user's "Contributions" page [ In reply to ]
On Apr 16, 2004, at 11:30, Tom Veidt wrote:
> Brion Vibber wrote:
>> This looks like the cached output storage for some special pages.
>> Those probably shouldn't be saved with a user id attached...
>
> Ok, and how could I prevent them from being "saved with a user ID
> attached"?

Well, you could find and fix the bug. That would save me some
trouble... ;)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: "Special Pages" appear in user's "Contributions" page [ In reply to ]
Brion Vibber wrote:
> Well, you could find and fix the bug. That would save me some trouble... ;)

Yeah, because I'm such a Wiki guru. :| It's just online for about a
week, I'm already glad that I got it working so far. ;) So this isn't a
more wide-spread bug with references where you could point me to? (To
save yourself some trouble?)

Well, and after some testing, this bug does only occur very
sporadically/randomly, it seems.
Re: "Special Pages" appear in user's "Contributions" page [ In reply to ]

BV> This looks like the cached output storage for some special
BV> pages. Those probably shouldn't be saved with a user id
BV> attached...

Actually, it'd be nice never to create them in the first place.

Tom, those special pages are caches for expensive (takes a lot of I/O
or processing) queries. Theoretically, if you turned off the users'
ability to do these queries (see $wgMiserMode), the cached versions
could be returned instead.

You can't turn the caching off right now. You can't change the
attribution.

It's a relatively harmless bug. We can get it updated in the next
version of MediaWiki. I've had complaints on Wikitravel about it
myself.

~ESP

--
Evan Prodromou <evan@wikitravel.org>