Mailing List Archive

TeX-rendered formulae look "ugly"
Hello,

I've managed to setup TeX with my local wiki (MediaWiki 1.2.3).
At first, it worked (almost) fine, but some formulae couldn't be rendered,
some could.
I tried to "fix" this by using newer versions of tetex & co, but this didn't
solve the problem.
But now I have another problem: The generated TeX-PNGs look ugly, compared
to those that were created before I changed to the new versions. Examples
(generated from <math>1234{,}56</math>):

From my wiki:
http://sveith.dyndns.org/8cwiki/upload/math/ec13bd79cd7914f84ee4eee6299b7c27
.png
From Wikipedia:
http://de.wikipedia.org/math/ec13bd79cd7914f84ee4eee6299b7c27.png

Switching back to the old version of tetex didn't help; it must be some
setting deep in some configuration file.
Has anyone got a clue?

Thanks in advance
Simon Veith