Thanks,
Dan Carlson
http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/
Re: Custom Book sources text? [ In reply to ]
On Mar 30, 2004, at 09:35, Dan Carlson wrote:
> Someone might have already reported this, but I figured I might as
> well, too.
>
> It seems that the custom text that was previously available on the
> [[Special:Booksources]] page (replacing the default four-site list)
> has disappeared. Is there an alternative method to change the list
> and have the automatically-generated ISBN number links created?

Should be the same place it's always been, it takes the text from
[[Wikipedia:Book sources]] (or equivalent meta namespace).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Book_sources
http://en.wikipedia.org/w/wiki.phtml?title=Special:
Booksources&isbn=0123456789

(If you mistakenly go to the special page without an ISBN number, it
shows the default list. This normally shouldn't happen, and you have to
do it on purpose.)

-- brion vibber (brion @ pobox.com)
Re: Custom Book sources text? [ In reply to ]
On Mar 30, 2004, at 2:57 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> Should be the same place it's always been, it takes the text from
> [[Wikipedia:Book sources]] (or equivalent meta namespace).

That's very strange then, because it's not working for me:

http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php?title=Special:
Booksources&isbn=0123456789
http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php/Memory_Alpha:
Book_sources

I'm running version 1.2.0 at the moment (full final version, no
patches).

Dan
Re: Custom Book sources text? [ In reply to ]
On Mar 30, 2004, at 16:30, Dan Carlson wrote:
> http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php?title=Special:
> Booksources&isbn=0123456789
> http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php/Memory_Alpha:
> Book_sources

It looks like you've customized the 'booksources' message, which
controls the title given for Special:Booksources and the page it draws
from.

Try this instead:

Re: Custom Book sources text? [ In reply to ]
On Mar 30, 2004, at 7:48 PM, Brion Vibber wrote:

> On Mar 30, 2004, at 16:30, Dan Carlson wrote:
>> http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php?title=Special:
>> Booksources&isbn=0123456789
>> http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php/Memory_Alpha:
>> Book_sources
>
> It looks like you've customized the 'booksources' message, which
> controls the title given for Special:Booksources and the page it draws
> from.
>
> Try this instead:
> http://memoryalpha.st-minutiae.com/en/index.php/Memory_Alpha:
> Book_Sources