Mailing List Archive

install.php gave me 0 byte files as well + problem with mediawiki: namespace
Brion Vibber kirjoittaa keskiviikkona, 24. maaliskuuta 2004, kello
20:34:

> On Mar 24, 2004, at 09:27, Steph Smith wrote:
>> I edited the LocalSettings.php and AdminSettings.php files as
>> directed, ran
>> the classic install (not the web-based installer), and everything
>> seemed to
>> go through just fine.
>>
>> However, after running the installer, the following files are empty:
>>
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 arakune arakune 0 Mar 24 12:10
>> LocalSettings.php
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 arakune arakune 0 Mar 24 12:10 Version.php
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 arakune arakune 0 Mar 24 12:10 index.php
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 arakune arakune 0 Mar 24 12:10 redirect.php
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 arakune arakune 0 Mar 24 12:10 redirect.phtml
>> -rw-rw-r-- 1 arakune arakune 0 Mar 24 12:10 wiki.phtml
>
> It looks like you're trying to install in-place. The destination
> directory MUST NOT be the same as the source directory with the
> classic install.

Actually when trying to use install.php i run into the same problem of
zero byte files and i did _not_ install in the source directory. I
fixed the problem by copying the files by hand from the source
directory and includes directory.

The web install works otherwise quite ok, but i find myself unable to
access the mediawiki-namespace messages at MediaWiki:All_messages. It
just gives an empty page. I used Finnish as the language, if that
information helps.
-juxho